Some of my earliest memories are of my mom in her bathroom getting ready in the morning. She had her routine which consisted of layering scent after scent all over her body. These were not your ordinary, corner drug store bottled perfumes. Instead, my mom would wander into Barneys and go to her “guy”. It was there, at the perfume counter, that she would inquire about the latest scents; fresh off the boat from Europe.
For most of my birthdays, in additional to a little play money, she would give me one of these delicious indulgences. For some reason, my body chemistry responds well to good scents. Hence, my nose is cultivated from years of watching and smelling my mom.
Recently while in NY, I sauntered into Le Labo and fell in love. Le Labo is a very unique place. Not only are the interiors exquisite, but the chemists behind the counter are spell binding. After speaking with some of the sales associates, I got the low down on their philosophy and knew I was hooked. I had wished for a store like this to pop up in Los Angeles. Then, when I moved into my store on Third Street, I was thrilled to stumble upon their Los Angeles store location, which happens to be just down the street from us!
I’m not a chemist, nor can I do what Barneys and Le Lebo do best. Thus, I have researched and found a few exquisite lines that I am in love with. I am confident that my customers will fall in love as well.
This past month, I walked the halls of all the January Gift Shows. I was determined to find a few new and fresh scented candle lines that would turn me on as much as Le Labo did. Not only did I find some unique and delicious products, but a line that I have been watching for a while, Lollia, came out with a host of new products.
Two years ago, when I found Lollia they were developing a candle line. I immediately fell in love with their packaging. The color combinations were so fresh and interesting and the whole collection meshed together so well. I was already sold on the packaging alone. This January the line premiered at the Gift Show. I opened up the lid of one of the boxes. I was taken to another place. I continued to open each and every box and smell and each and every candle. Each scent was better than the next. I was hooked. The “Poetic License Candle” became the new love of my life.
With descriptive names like Another Quiet Day, The Air I’m Breathing, Wind in the Trees, and Stacks of Pretty Paper, I knew I had to have each one; not only in my retail store, but throughout my house.
Valentine’s day isn’t all about a box of chocolates, it is about feeling good about yourself. This coming Monday, take a bubble bath, eat something delicious, light one of these candles, and take a moment to embrace the day.
Because I love these candles, and because it is Valentine’s Day, I want to give one of these luscious candles to one lucky reader. Our very first giveaway, we will be giving away the Lollia # 56 "Score from the End Credits"; Candle.
How to enter?
Each item you do on the list, will give you ONE chance to win(a total of 6 chances). If you already do any of these things on the list, they still count. So make sure to comment for each item! You MUST leave each entry as a separate comment or only one comment will count!
1. Follow us on Twitter . Come back and tell us about it in the comments box.
2. Follow @lollia_life on Twitter and come back and tell us about it.
3. Tweet the following statement then come back to this post and tell us you tweeted:
I just entered to win a Lollia Candle as a Valentine’s Day present from @DLRheindesign. Enter here: http://is.gd/9D4IOR
4. Join and like D.L. Rhein on Facebook and then come back and tell us.
5. Subscribe to D.L. Rhein email updates. When you click on this link, you will see the subscribe to this email on the home page of our blog. Once you subscribe you will get an email confirming your subscription. Just follow the instructions in the email. Come back and tell us you are now a DL Rhein subscriber
6. Send a link of this blog to 5 of your friends and tell them about the fabulous giveaway.
• This giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Friday, 2/18/11 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
• Winner will be chosen via a random number generator software program. Will will be notified via the contact email provided on the comment contact form.
• Winner will have until Monday, 2/21/11 to respond to our email regarding their win, or we will choose another winner.
• Winner will receive one candle and will be shipped from DL Rhein Design Studio, Los Angeles.